Thursday, October 21, 2010

Love is Crazy

It starts with love: "Love can make us do the craziest things and propels us to do what seems impossible which when you look at it can be one in the same"

I am blessed to be encompassed in love, if love is a measure of greatness than I can honestly say that my life is great. There is no greater honor a husband or a child can give, than to love and respect their wife/mother not out of duty but out of choice. It's not an easy thing to do...let down your defenses to another person, but when you do there is a level of freedom that you have. It's hard work building up walls, rebuilding, repairing, adjusting, daily maintenance is required and it becomes a way of life. I was not brought up in a family that showed affection so I had to learn to be affectionate. Sam can testify to that, I found it hard to say I love you and during our first year of marriage I had to write it down, rehearse it, until it became second nature. Weird I know, but that was me, that's what I knew. I learned pretty quickly that I needed to make a change if I wanted my marriage to be successful.

For someone who finds it hard to express themselves music can be a Godsend, because it allows you the freedom to sing what's in your heart. And there's always that one song that grabs you and stirs up what's inside. Music has always played a huge role in my life, it brought me through my tough adolescent years. Being involved in Gospel groups kept me focused, gave me purpose, and put me with the "in" crowd. Too bad it also taught me that you can be severely disillusioned by your "so called friends". But you live and learn and thank God it made me stronger. I never strayed from singing Christian music because it always ministered to me and allowed me to minister to others. So when Sam says he had to put the project in perspective for me, he knew just how to present it so I would understand what was being asked of me. To be perfectly honest you never know what big plans Sam has spinning around in his head. So 29 years of marriage has taught me to go with the flow and humor the guy lol. He has always supported me through each phase of our lives together. And I trust that he has my best interest at heart. So this project has been one more example of his selfless love.

Sam knows me all too well and he created a very comfortable environment for me there at the Studio. I was surrounded by people I knew and loved and although I was being stretched and challenged it couldn't have been in a more nurturing environment. My husband never thinks small he has huge visions. So I'm thankful that when he saw this 4' 11" ninety five pound girl he saw huge potential and here we are, still in love.

<3 Lizzi

No comments:

Post a Comment