Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day 30 in the Studio

We finally worked out a temporary childcare situation for the baby (definitely not easy) now we can all be in the Studio together and finish the project strong. Amazingly enough our last song is nearly finished. John was on a writing frenzy today even though he wasn't feeling well. It certainly didn't douse out his inspiration because he wrote the second verse of the song while Sammy was laying down guitar and bass tracks. It's a beautiful song that will bring the project full circle.

The emphasis of the recording has always been the concept of love, life, and relationships and of course the giver of all things, God. I am excited that the project is almost complete and also a little sad that my studio time with the guys is ending. It has been such a rich and fulfilling experience to be surrounded by their musical genius and experience. I have been around musicians for many years and it's always a pleasure when you meet people that have a pure heart and a passion for what they do. I can honestly say that the Iklectix are just that. So now we have our "Bookends" for the project. Now my job is to practice, practice, practice, so I can go in and sing the lead vocal. Song number nine still needs some lyrics, but I'm confident that will be completed tomorrow. This will give us a total of ten songs, which is what the goal was. I'm very happy and proud of what we have been able to accomplish in a relatively short amount of time.

<3 Lizzi

No comments:

Post a Comment