Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day 31 in the Studio

It's hard to believe my project is winding down. But I guess all good things must come to an end. My time with the Iklectix has been so memorable, although the guys are much younger than me I have learned so much from them. For instance their approach to music is so uninhibited, it's not just about writing a song but words other people can relate to. Pure and simple melodies are best so others can sing along. And always approach a song with a relaxed and confident nature.

As always some things are easier said than done, and his project was no exception. We had technical difficulties with the camera system, live streaming, and scheduling. But we knew it was an aggressive schedule and we made it our goal to work within the time constraints. All things considered my time with the boys was always so pleasant, we always had cause to laugh and have fun while we worked. It really amazed me how the guys never skipped a beat, whether they were recording tracks or creating, even when people came by to say hello. Seems like a perfect marriage of musical minds coming together and working in unison with ease and precision. I hope I won't embarrass them by complimenting them. But the joy is equal to the sadness that I feel ending our studio time together. Joy in the fact that I will have something tangible to offer the listeners and sadness that I will no longer have cause to walk up into the studio without interrupting a session. What an incredible and timeless gift they have given me that I will cherish. I know just as I gave my heart and soul to the project much of theirs is included also. I think everything they work on bears their stamp on the artist and the music they produce for them. Excited to see what will come down the pike for them.

Today I sang the lead vocal to our last song on the recording titled "Love Song" as I mentioned it is a happy, thought provoking, and reflective song that gives praise for all that we have and don't have. Material things are great but with it comes great responsibility and accountability. I want to know that I did what I was supposed to do in this life. Because when it's all said and done, all that is left is our legacy, for me my greatest accomplishment will always be my children and the truths that we instilled in them. Live life, Love life, and be grateful for all that you have!

I may be able to sing the lead vocal on song number nine tomorrow. If so that will complete our 10 songs for the L2L Project. We are thinking of doing one more song, more for sentimental reasons. It's a song my Mama used to sing to my babies when they were little. I think it would mean a lot to her and I know it would mean a lot to my children. So until tomorrow...

<3 Lizzi

No comments:

Post a Comment