Friday, October 8, 2010

Still a Work in Progress

Life never grows stagnant, not for me anyways. We just returned from a wonderful trip to Disneyland. Although it rained the whole time we quickly found the nearest Target, bought some one dollar gloves, beanies, and rain panchos. Talk about powering through, the kids were as excited as with any other adventure but today of all days we were in "The Happiest Place on Earth". We all had blue panchos so we were "team blue." I've got to say that the panchos were the best investment of the day. Kinda funny to see the pics, looks like we all have our Snuggies on. lol

The lines went pretty quickly so the kids ran around getting on rides while Sam & I moseyed along with Dusty and Rocky.
Nothing like seeing Disneyland through the eyes of little ones. Dusty absolutely loves Michael Jackson, I mean he watches his music videos everyday, practices his dance moves, dresses like him (skinny jeans only) sequined gloves, hat, blazer jacket, cut away white t- shirt, and we're still on the hunt for penny loafers. So we knew he would absolutely love Captain EO, our little angel Rocky fell asleep through it, but Dusty was all eyes and ears. He loved it! What an amazing artist, it was weird to see M.J. so young and full of life I bet he never would have believed that 24 years later he would be gone had someone told him. He was on top of the world, I'm still amazed at how life really just goes on. Time nor space skips a beat, I learned this lesson when I was much younger 18 years old to be exact. I very suddenly lost my father on a Sunday morning right before Thanksgiving to a heart attack. Never the chance to say good bye, or that I loved him. Of course he knew, but I learned to never take your loved ones for granted. I think that's what fueled my passion for life, I knew all too quickly life could change. God knew how much I could handle and for that reason I believe He placed Sam in my life. He's always been the greatest support and stability in my life. When you learn to value your gifts than everything else is gravy. I would be lying if I said I have never faced difficult times, it's because of all the bad times that I can glory in the good times. Struggle either makes us stronger or more vulnerable. We have to equip our children to be able to deal with adversity in a positive way. Learning...always taking steps forward to better ourselves, I'm still learning there are lessons around every corner. Surround yourself with people who will challenge and encourage you and most importantly hold you accountable.

For the most part my life has returned to "normal" doing all the things a Mom does. I'm about ready to get some Pumpkin Pie goin' one of my favorite things about Fall. The music, recording, writing, rehearsing, rushing from point A to point B is somewhat calmer. But my heart is changed, I feel a sense of satisfaction, pride, in accomplishing one of my dreams. God has surrounded me with people of a like mind who love music, and were able to help me through the whole process. We can only do what we do, the key is to do it well. I want to be the best that I can be for my family, friends, my Creator...I am still a work in progress.

<3 Lizzi

No comments:

Post a Comment